Universal Joints Engineered to Ensure Peak Performance for Your Truck.
Genuine Spicer Life Series® heavy duty u-joints are engineered to ensure peak performance in the truck that you count on for your livelihood. Why trust your commercial vehicle to any less than genuine Spicer truck u-joints?
Premium Spicer Life Series® U-joints
No other universal joints are better equipped to meet the needs of today’s high-efficiency trucks. Genuine Spicer Life Series® u-joints are designed to withstand the increased stress that high efficiency truck configurations place on the driveline, and are equipped with High Power Density™ (HPD™) features that extend product life and outperform the competition.
SPL® universal joints offer the following advantages:
- Thrust Washer: Improves lubrication, eliminates friction, and extends life
- Bearing Package: Larger rollers for a 40% increase in bearing capacity
- Spicer Ultra-Premium Synthetic Grease: Increases bearing life by more than 30%
- Multi-lip Seal: Viton® material extends life, improves wear capacities and heat resistance, optimizes lube retention and protects against external contaminants
- Seal Guard: Provides protection against external contaminants
Lower operating costs.
We've set the standard
– so you can enjoy the advantages.
SPL® 350 U-Joint Puts the Life into Downspeeding Applications
The right driveshaft and inter-axle shafts with robust and durable components can handle the added input torque with even greater reliability. That's why Dana engineered the Spicer Life® Series with an exclusive design that accommodates faster axle ratios without sacrificing life.
Engineering Driveshafts for Lower RPMs
Spicer Life® Series u-joints are engineered, tested and proven to meet the torque demands being placed on drivetrains. While engine downspeeding offers increased fuel economy and decreased emissions, the faster axle ratios needed to accommodate the lower RPMs result in additional torque in the drivetrain, placing much higher stresses on the main driveshaft, axles, and inter-axle shaft.
SPL® U-Joints in Service-Free* Options
SPL® 170 and SPL 250 universal joints are also available in service-free* options, which are lubricated for the life of the part. Permanently lubricated u-joints help keep your overall operation costs low while still offering the durability and dependability you expect from Spicer. Service-free* options are ideal for heavy-haul applications and are capable of meeting the requirements of future fast axle ratios.
* Inspections must be performed at each interval to check for wear, damage or looseness that could affect lubricant life and lead to driveline failure.
Download the brochures on the right to learn more about our full line of Spicer Life Series® u-joints for commercial vehicles, then talk to a Spicer parts distributor near you.