Our standard of performance, these light duty OEM quality universal joints feature journal crosses that are manufactured from high-quality alloy forgings and heat treated for maximum life. The bearing cups are case hardened for strength and durability. The seals are made from nitrile rubber for optimum grease retention and contaminant exclusion. All of this is why we can say that genuine Spicer parts meet the rigorous Dana standards that have made us the global leader in automotive u-joint technology.
Premium Spicer Life Series® Non-Greasable U-joints
Premium Spicer Life Series® excels in performance and life. The journal crosses are cold-formed from high quality steel that is for maximum strength. Ample grease reservoirs in each trunion assure effective lubrication and are pre-filled with high quality synthetic lithium grease providing superior friction reduction and higher temperature resistance. Spicer Life Series® u-joints use our highest quality, triple-lip seal along with an external seal guard to resist the harshest conditions. So when you replace your car’s universal joint with genuine Spicer technology, you can rest assured that you are helping to ensure the maximum life for your light duty vehicle.
SPL U-Joints in Service-Free* Options
SPL 170 and SPL 250 universal joints are also available in service-free* options, which are lubricated for the life of the part. Permanently lubricated u-joints help keep your overall operation costs low while still offering the durability and dependability you expect from Spicer.
Service-free* options are ideal for heavy-haul applications and are capable of meeting the requirements of future fast axle ratios. In addition, the SPL 170 and SPL 250 offer the following features and benefits:
- New Thrust Washer: Improves lubrication, eliminates friction, and extends life
- New Bearing Package: Larger rollers for a 40% increase in bearing capacity
- New Spicer Ultra-Premium Synthetic Grease: Increases bearing life by more than 30%
- New Multi-lip Seal: Viton® material extends life, improves wear capacities and heat resistance, optimzes lube retention and protects against external contaminants
- New Seal Guard: Provides protection against external contaminants
* Inspections must be performed at each interval to check for wear, damage or looseness that could affect lubricant life and lead to driveline failure.
Most Popular Parts
|Part Number||Series||Part Number||Series|