Maximize Fuel Economy with AdvanTEK Axles and SPL 350 Driveshafts.
Fleet owners everywhere are recognizing the need to downspeed their vehicles’ engines in order to increase fuel economy while still managing driveline torque. Engine downspeeding offers the following advantages:
- Reduced fuel consumption
- Reduced engine friction
- Diminished relative heat transfer
- Increased thermodynamic efficiency
Only Dana offers a full-system solution with the original-equipment quality of genuine Spicer® parts. AdvanTEK® 40 tandem axles and SPL® 350 driveshafts give you the power to decrease your engine’s RPMs with maximum efficiency.
Spec the industry’s first full-system solution for engine downspeeding.
AdvanTEK 40 Tandem Axles: Lighter Weight for Greater Efficiency.
The Spicer AdvanTEK 40 tandem axle is:
- Available in five ratios to support engine downspeeding
- Including the industry’s fastest axle ratio of 2.26:1
- Lighter than competitive 40,000-pound tandem axles
- Increases overall vehicle efficiency by up to 2%
- Save more than 2,700 gallons of diesel fuel over five years
- Reduce carbon dioxide output by over 60,000 lbs.
In addition, the Spicer AdvanTEK 40 tandem axle is equipped with a number of innovative features for advantages you'll notice, including:
- Flow-thru lubrication system with on-demand pump
- U-tube breather
- Differential lock
SPL 350 Driveshafts: Maximize Efficiency and Durability.
work in conjunction with the AdvanTEK 40 tandem axle to help you achieve engine downspeeding while maintaining optimal torque.
- The highest torque-carrying universal joint in the industry
- 40% more than the competition
- High Power Density™ design
- Double the bearing life
This combination, engineered to deliver the OE performance you expect from the Spicer name, can help you achieve up to one million miles of life expectancy in your downsped engine powertrain. Use the links below to learn more about the Spicer AdvanTEK 40 tandem axle and SPL 350 driveshafts, then find a Spicer parts representative near you to start maximizing your fuel efficiency and maintaining optimal torque in your commercial vehicles.